Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New life begins

Yet another very important episode of my life began.

January 25th, when i got the big doubt, i could not wait a minute.
Kumar suggest we wait for a week and then see a doctor, he was afraid i might get dissapointed.

Thats me, very impatient. Finally took home test and it came positive. Informed my mom and mom-in-law. mom was confused that how i can test at home. mom-in-law was skeptical as in her opinion it is too early to know about it. Next day i got the same test done from a clinic and it came positive.

Then came the big problem, i had thousand doubts. Even though everyone assured me that everything will be fine, i was very worried that i will do something wrong. I know only a doctor's advice will calm me, so took a leave and saw a doctor.

Dr.Padmaja is in her forties i guess and looked very pleasant, calm. A friend's mom who works at the hospital suggested her and told us that she is a gold medalist in her MD. I was very impresses. She just said only one thing, dont do anything new, just follow your routine as usual. She also told what food item to avoid and gave some vitamin tablets.

Our next appointment was Feb end. It was for a scan and i was expecting to see not more than a dot. Then suddenly on the monitor, i could see the baby, its about 2cms. I could see the heartbeat like vibration on the screen. That was one of the most exciting moment for me. She gave us the copy of the scan, first photo of our baby.

I went to hyd for a week and i was treated royally. Fruits, nuts, sweets, fav dishes, juices etc. At one point i felt that so much attention is unnecessary. Given that my in-laws had kumar after 12 years of their marriage, i think they were very excited that i am pregnant.

People say i am lucky as i don't have morning sickness, but the mood swings, headaches, my god a woman has to go through lot of troubles. But all those seem like nothing when she has a baby i guess.

My mom-in-law gave me a collection of books which she bought when she was pregnant, almost 30 years old. I was surprised, they were very well kept and the information in them was so good. I just took the first book which talk about pregnancy and child care. Its an awesome book, it clarifies many doubts. Its simple and concise, yet very interesting.

Lets see how third month surprises me.

3 comments:

Amrutha Ragavan said...

Heartiest Congratulations!!! Just read about the great news! As a new mommy, I still have everything fresh in my memory, feel free to ask me your doubts..Welcome to the lovely phase of motherhood :)

sravani said...

thanks aatha :)
My only tension is about d-day.

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

hey conggrrraattttssss sweetakka....thats great news...!!! :)
keep postin more updates....n take care of urself....