Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bangalore rocks

I never thought i will be living in the garden city. Life is full of surprises and this is one of them.

All my friends at one point or the other lived in this marvelous city and i always fancied about bangalore.

Bangalore is a beautiful city. whenever i say this, people give lecture about how beautiful it was few years back. They say the city is polluted, populated and all gardens are vanished.

My only complaint is traffic, which i got used to it now. I spend more time reading b'coz of traffic otherwise would have spent it infront of TV. My friends says i am too optimistic to look it that way. But health wise its still not good.

But other than that...morning jog at near by park boosts my energy like anything. Being a cooking maniac, i get immense pleasure in grocery shopping and more when i find all rare fruits/vegitables which i never thought of finding in india. cost is another issue which i will not go into.

Weekend, you have variety of options. Many attractions around Bangalore. Many activities to do from pony riding to trekking. I am planning to go on a trek some time soon.

There are exorbitant number of restaurants in Bangalore and the cuisines are fabulous. This weekend we are planning to go to a small dosa place which kumar claims to be the oldest restaurent in bangalore which was opened during world war II.

I am very content with life in Bangalore. But given a choice i will always like to work in my hometown. Nothing can replace my hometown.

1 comment:

Murali said...

Agree with you here in every sense. B'lore rocks.. Hyd SUCCCCCCCCCCCCKS !!! :-).. realised that only after coming to b'lore :-)