Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Missing

someone once said "There is no sincere love than love for food"

I miss my grand mom's cooking. I was with my grand parents during my childhood. Making milk cova was such a tedious process then, almost takes a day. Since its made on stove with burning wood, it used to be not pure white as we get in shops today, but nothing tastes as good as it.

my grandfather used to get all sorts of fruits/nuts from our farm, baby groundnuts, raw custard apples, corn and my grand mom used to toss them onto hot coal and they used to taste like heaven.

Granny used to make curry out of dried cucumber and onions which used to be amazing. desert with bottle guard and snacks were so delicious.

I think i am too hungry now.

I miss those times when i was so carefree, when i used to catch fish from stream nearby with my frock, playing hide and seek on hay heaps, walking in freshly plowed muddy field, building and decorating doll house, eating fruits directly from trees, Swimming in deep wells, early morning, sitting in front of stove, wood trying its best to burn in chill air to boil water and give warmth to us. Taking bath with that boiling water which smell of mud and smoke. knowing everyone in entire village, pampered by their love and affection.

Today, that stream is vanished. I don't see any heaps. I see few muddy field but don't recognize their owners anymore. Granny now has an electric heated , gas stove etc etc. Life has become comfortable in my village now, but i don't recognize it anymore and i don't feel that warmth.

No comments: