Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dreams unlimited

Dreams....It's a mystery to me. When I was a kid, I used to think that I see movies when I sleep. As I watch too much Television during daytime (my mom complains so), I get the same thing during nights, just that the programs here are very different. Later I was told that dreams are my imagination blah.... blah......

I always get this dream...anaconda trying to eat me and I am desperately running for help. some times anaconda is replaced by gorilla/dinosaur/alien....and when I get up, I would be breathing heavily and sweating as if I was actually running...I convinced myself that I watched too many movies like anaconda, Jurassic park etc. like that I started fitting some or the other reason for my dreams. I used to feel proud to find a reason for my dream, as if I discovered something no one has done till date.

Have you ever faced problem in remembering names, Important days etc. It was a big problem for me. Why did I change the topic and how is it related to dreams? Let me explain.... So I always find ways to remember names and dates. Since all my friends are aware of this, I get mails and calls reminding me of b'days.

So one day I had this dream....I am talking to a beautiful girl...she is in her school uniform...she is talking about some teachers, dance...I could just see her face...and she is asking me few questions...In the morning I got up and I was trying hard to map this dream to something...I cud just remember that I had seen the face somewhere...Then it stuck me.......................

We gave a dance program in our school and she was in that dance with me...This is was in my 5th standard. Her name is was sitalakshmi. She is was one yr junior to me...Her dad was a doc, and she wanted to become a doctor. Her dance partner was sushma...we used to talk during dance practice, but very less...after that she left the school.................

I was so amazed.... Daily I struggle so much with names and faces, how cud I remember minute details about this girl and why did I get this dream....Dreams are really a mystery. I failed this time to find a reason. I laughed at myself, at my stupid rule I made to give reasons for my dreams.wondering if she has become a doctor now after 13 years, I got up from my bed.

3 comments:

Murali said...

no wonder I've seen u "day-dreaming" many a times :-)

keep writing :-)

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

hey chweetakka......keep updating us abt more mysterious thoughts :p :p
keep dreaming those dreams...n while u r at it...dont ever forget my name or bday !! or else u will get a very bad reminder from me :p :p

sravani said...

@neelam
How can i forget ur my dear...by the way when is it :p:p:p